Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Books of Mortals Covers

Well here they are. The covers for all three books in The Books of Mortals trilogy. What are my thoughts? Some sort of combination beautiful, epic, and captivating.

When I first saw the cover for Forbidden, I thought it seemed a bit plain, but it's sort of grown on me. And when combing with the covers for Mortal  and Sovereign, it creates a collection that I would rate as my all time favorite covers. They hint at a complex fantasy, while being both simple and complex- very intriguing.

And with that thought, I would like to state a few thoughts of mine on covers. We all know the saying, "Don't judge a book by it's cover." And while this is absolutely true, covers do not necessarily reflect the content of a book, we all tend to do it. Our eyes are naturally drawn to certain images. We want to have books that look appealing, and we might be more hesitant to buy books that look plain or cheesy.

Do you agree with my theory on covers? What are you thoughts on these covers? And this also my first post that is not a book review that I have posted on here. Should I do more posts like this in the  future? Leave your thoughts in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment