Monday, August 2, 2010

Demon: A Memoir by Tosca Lee

Clay lives a sad, disappointing life. His wife cheated on him then divorced him, his career as a writer failed and now he must be an editor. But one night can change his life forever. He is visited by a demon. Not the way you might expect - a fiery beast, but in the form of a human. The demon asks- no forces Clay to listen to his story, and then publish it. The demon gives his account of falling from Heaven, his observance of the creation of the Earth, and his view of the birth and death of Jesus Christ. At first, Clay wants to escape the demon, but then he becomes obsessed. And he will never be the same.

I loved this book. It pulled me right in and demanded to be finished. It gave me new perspectives on demons, angels, Lucifer, and some major events in the Bible. It helped illustrate spiritual warfare, and made me ponder certain stories, and peer into their deepness what I once thought obvious and certain. I strongly recommend this book to anyone who has questions about demons and angels. The only thing about this book that I am not particularly fond of is that is an open-ended book. You must decide upon the ending for yourself. However if you have read the book and wonder what the author was thinking for the ending, check out this video:

Also, here is the trailer:


No comments:

Post a Comment