Friday, August 20, 2010

When Heaven Weeps by Ted Dekker


World famous author Jan Jovic is living the life. He is known world-wide, has all the money, and is engaged to the woman he loves. It did not all come about easily though, no, there was quite a price paid for it. He experienced the love of Heaven, and wrote it in a book to share the love with others. But in a minute, his whole life if flipped over. He rescues a young woman named Helen from her pursuers, and life is never the same again. Jan is given a choice- one that is not easily or lightly made. He experiences the ultimate sorrow of Heaven, and sees why and when Heaven weeps.

When I first started the book, I must admit I was kinda disappointed. The beginning "book" labeled "The Priest" is basically a paraphrase of The Martyr's Song. While I loved that book, I wanted a new story. However, once I got past that part, it was an excellent story. It is about loving as Christ loves. And is quite a realistic display of our failures and His forgiveness. I recommend this book to anyone who is curious as to the curious to the value of each soul, or has questions about agape love. I suggest that this be the second book you read in The Martyr's Song Series.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment