Friday, October 15, 2010

City on Our Knees by Toby Mac

Ever wonder what could happen if you answered God's call? If you stopped ignoring that nagging feeling that you should stop doing this or you start doing that? This book is filled with those stories. Stories of people "when we step across the line". And reminding us that "through the fog there is hope in the distance". Read these stories, and see how God uses people to get cities on their knees.

“City on Our Knees” is one of my very favorite songs. It has been ever since I first heard it. So you can imagine as, being a book lover, how excited I was to see a book titled after a song that deeply touched my soul. Of course, I read it and I happened to use it as a devotion reading a story a day(in case you are wondering, that is not quite how it is designed but it works just fine that way). In some ways they are simple stories. God tells Bob to do this, and Bob does. But in many more ways they reach much deeper and implant the question into your soul what if I actually did what God told me? My only dissatisfaction was a couple of the stories seemed a little plain and regular, but then who am I to judge? A single lost soul finding its way is a thing to ecstatically rejoice. Let this book be an illustration of when "two worlds collide in a beautiful display."
   

No comments:

Post a Comment