Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan

The Egyptian gods are real. They are, after many years, being released from the Duat and not all of them are very happy. Sadie and Carter Kane find they have amazing powers. Their discovery of their powers shoves them into the ancient world of Egyptian mythology, only in present-day. Having to battle magicians, beasts, and even gods, the Kanes go on a journey they will never forget. And they cannot allow the completion of the Red Pyramid.

I must admit, I am obsessed with Egypt. Specifically ancient Egyptian Mythology. So naturally when I passed the book section in Meijer, The Red Pyramid caught my eye. A second glance confirmed my hopes were true: I found an Egyptian book. Now, you must understand, Egyptian books are a rare find so I was quite excited. However, this book has a young adult reading audience so I was somewhat cautious as to if the book would be to easy. Obviously, I gave in, and I was not disappointed in the least! Here is a succulent piece of fantasy marinated in the juices of Egyptian mythology, grilled over the fires of magic, drizzled with suspense, and sprinkled with humor. My one mild disappointment was the occasional "kid" reference or term such as "I hate it when grown-ups..." however, other than this, excellent book Rick!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment