Friday, January 14, 2011

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C.S.Lewis

Edmund and Lucy Pevensie, along with their nuisance of a cousin, Eustance return to Narnia. They are brought aboard the Dawn Treader, the best ship Narnia has seen for ages. Now that Narnia is at peace, Caspian is fulfilling his oath to sail East and find the lost seven lords and (to Reepisheep's delight) possibly sail to the utter East, the end of the world.

I first read this book about 3 years ago then I re-read it, hopefully in time for the movie (I half succeeded). It is a book for children, but I think any adult will be fine reading it. It's a relatively quick read, and it has some great spiritual aspects and good morals. One of my favorites in the series, due to all the magic and tropical islands. An excellent classic.



No comments:

Post a Comment