Monday, April 11, 2011

The Final Summit by Andy Andrews

Human will is corrupt. It has been ever since the forbidden bites of the forbidden fruits. But, as in the days of Noah, God is once again considering re-starting humanity. David Ponder, and all the other Travelers have the opportunity to stop that from happening, by correctly answering answering a single question. The Travelers consist of brilliant minds throughout history, including C.S. Lewis, Abraham Lincoln, and King Solomon. Sounds simple, right? Maybe it would be if not for the limitations of only five guesses, and the correct answer must be achieved before the hour glass runs out. It all comes down to the Final Summit.

This book is very difficult to place in one genre. It is sort of a mix of fantasy, sci-fi, biographies, and inspirational. As this book is mixed genre, I also have mixed feelings about it. Overall, I liked it. It was a quick book that explores good morals and tells interesting stories. I did have a few problems with it however.

First off, the archangel Gabriel is a main character in the book. Forgive me for my line of thought, but Muhammad also thought he was visited by Gabriel. Now I am not saying that people can't be visited by Gabriel, it is quite possible it happens. I am simply saying that nagging thought stayed in my mind. My other problem was that Gabriel spoke of a race more advanced than ours. Instantly I thought to the Garden of Eden. He then continued on about the pyramids, how we can't match them today. Then I was confused. The Isrealites, the Egyptians? Then he spoke of their architecure all over the world and them living 30,000 years ago. Now I was thinking whoa. Aliens? I can't think of what else it could be. I was very disappointed about that. Decent values if you can avoid the obstacles.

On the plus side. I never guessed the answer.

I review for BookSneeze®

No comments:

Post a Comment