Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Freshman Survival Guide by Nora Bradbury-Haehl and Bill McGarvey

Relationships, homework, organization, room mates, money, spirituality. These are some of the issues that plague college freshman. College is a whole new stage in life, and it can be quite overwhelming. That is why the editors of Busted Halo.com bring you The Freshman Survival Guide, to help you maneuver through the labyrinth and make it out better than you went in.

I am a freshman... in high school. Nonetheless, I read this book and found the advice very helpful. The advice is practical, simple things that make your college life a whole lot better. It is organized into chapters that deal with individual topics for quick reference. I found the book to be in a very readable format.

I do note that there are quotes from various spiritual leaders, including not only Christian ones, but Muslim, Buddhist and a few others as well. Some Christians may try to distance themselves from that, but I think it is good to broaden the spectrum, and I found the advice in no way offensive. Since I am not a college freshman, I had my sister who is a college freshman read it. She said it was great and helpful.

I will definitely be reading it again when college comes!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment