Monday, April 25, 2011

Vicious Cycle by Terri Blackstock

Just days before Emily Covington graduates from New Day, a drug recovery program, another member of the program drops out. Lance tries to help, and ends up finding a newborn baby in the backseat of a car. He is then thrown into a world where he is charged with kidnapping and he is faced with the harsh reality of addicts. Kent Harlan rushes to the Covington's aid, but it will take more than him and the Covingtons to stop the vicious cycle.

Unfortunately, I was very busy when I read this book, and was therefore unable to read the book in three days and thus no 3D rating. I can say, however, that this book was almost impossible to put down and I had to pry it out of my own hands. The book is cleverly laced with suspense and pulls you into the world of drugs. I loved the perspective given from the book, and I think it very realistically displayed the harsh reality of drugs.

Shown throughout is how Christians should act, and just how far one might go for another. I loved this book and it is just as good or better than Intervention. Great work, Terri!

Below is the trailer:



No comments:

Post a Comment